Grisoft has announced the release of a new line of products - AVG 7.5. Before i tell you more about this recent develpoment let me tell you about what i consider as the Best Antivirus on Planet
There are many of softwares available right now. It is totally wrong belief that the best ones available may be paid .
If you dont wanna pay any thing and get best functionalities get AVG 7 FREE the best antivirus on planet and yes its FREE and yes no ads etc too.Visit them at http://free.grisoft.com/ for LINUX and Windows
If u have not used AVG before please read Guide on 'How to use AVG'
Now Let me brief you on latest development
Grisoft is announcing the release of a new line of products - AVG 7.5.
The migration of current users of AVG to AVG 7.5 will be
performed by Optional update.
This update is marked "Optional" and will be presented as a choice
to the customer in the first half of the week beginning of October 9th, 2006.
AVG Free 7.1 version will be discontinued on 15th of Jan 2007.
In order to correctly initialize the new AVG functions, this update
might require computer restart!
List of AVG Anti-Virus 7.5 enhancements
* Improved virus detection based on better heuristics
and NTFS data streams scanning
* Smaller installation and update files
* Improved installation for 64-bit Windows systems
* Windows Vista ready
* Language selection ability during installation
* User interface enhancements
* New feature "Security status" added to control the AVG status with:
o Red Color - some of the components is in an error state
o Yellow color - some of the components is in an error state,
but the users opted manually, ignore such state
Update of AVG 7.1 to 7.5
- Run the AVG Free Edition 7.5 Setup program
- Click "Next >" on the AVG "Welcome!" screen
- Click "Accept" on the "License Agreement" screen
- Select "Repair installation" on the "Select Setup Type" screen & click "Next >"
- Select "Restart the computer now"
- Click "OK" to restart your computer and complete the installation
Link to Update Norton Antivirus Definitions Manually Here
Visit http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/download/pages/US-N95.html and download intelligent updater
Labels: Computer Security