A Sample BEC Statement of Results
Some organizations like i-Flex Solutions(now Oracle Financial Services) require their candidates to sit Business English Certification(BEC) Preliminary before they join their organization.
Here are a few points regarding the BEC Exam: (I have tried to include sample papers, previous year papers and a few audio resources, but the content you see here might be found through google search also or through some rapidshare links, the resources available on the net are very limited but it hardly matters as the Prelim Level is really easy.)
1. Firstly go through this page & check out the exam pattern and sample papers. You can get the application form here
2. It consists of 4 sections:
a) Reading- Very easy
b) Listening- Easy but practice a little by listening to some Audio as the accent can be quite tricky
to understand for first timers.
c) Writing- It consists of writing letters, memorandums, emails, notes etc.. A little practice of formats is required. Your score in this section depends on the relevancy and the language you used.
d) Speaking- Again really easy but speak to the point and speak at your own comfortable speed but clearly.
3. You can go through this book Click here. It doesn't contain Audio. Go through this book only if your English is below a basic level. For other similar stuff click here
4. If you want to practice for the writing section buy PASS CAMBRIDGE BEC PRELIMINARY Student Book by Ian Wood & Anne Williams. It would cost you around Rs.150.
5. The results of the examination are declared usually after 50-60 days of the examination. To view the results online candidates are issued a Secret ID & a password at the centre of the examination or they can get this id & secret number through email by requesting for it in the following format:
Subject: Required ID and Secret Number
To: firstname.lastname@example.org or find the centre details for your city here