Site Network: Home | Email NewsLetter | Mobile Version | About


An INDIAN winning a Gold Medal at the Olympics may come as a surprise to many, but this was always destined to happen atleast for Abhinav Bindra.

Abhinav Bindra always had the potential, more than that he always had a dream to conquer the world. Here are the few extracts from his interview after he returned from the 2002 Commonwealth Games.


" When the Indian contingent left for the Commonwealth Games, I had promised myself that I would do my best in my event and win the first gold medal for my country. I am happy that I was able to achieve what I had dreamed of."

"
When I went in for my first event at the Games, I was calm and content; I concentrated hard." (Well thats what he was after winning as well)

He went on & said "
By the grace of God, if I am able to shoot to my full potential, I will be able to do well. Of course, my ultimate dream is to win a gold medal for India at the Olympic Games."
Source:Rediff.com

This was said way back in 2002 on August 07 , now 6 years later on 11 August 2008 the dream had come true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment