After collaborating with Google to offer search services on Airtel Mobile in India, Airtel Broadband & Telephone Services today announced customizable Homepage and associated services powered by Google.
Airtel Broadband & Telephone Services and Google Inc., the world’s most popular search engine, announced plans to work together in bringing important web-based services to Airtel’s broadband internet customers.
As part of the agreement, Airtel will offer its broadband customers a world-class portal which includes
- Google Search for web-based queries
- Google Gmail with 2 GB storage, spam filter, & options of web access and POP access
- Google Talk instant messaging/ chatting service for sending instant messages to friends and family–anytime, anywhere in the world
- Google Docs and Spreadsheets so users can share and collaborate in real-time
- Suite of advanced utility and communication applications – NetXpert to manage and trouble-shoot internet connection; Desktop & Internet Security Services (consisting of Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Firewall & Parental Control); Web SMS
- On-demand gaming service and music download service
Airtel Broadband customers will be able to access all these services with a single sign-on completely free of cost. The portal will make it easy for customers to access their email, search the web, share ideas, connect with friends and publish content. More offerings like e-commerce applications will be added to the portal over a period time.