Site Network: Home | Email NewsLetter | Mobile Version | About

Good Friday ... I am not feeling well today and weather in Delhi forces you to stay indoors to re charge your dead batteries.

I just realised it has been almost 5 years since me and Bhatia started this blog and soon others joined in. Five years change you a lot. A lot changed over last five years too.

If you notice the number of posts I had over last five years, I would give you an indication of life we have and life we lead in this busy busy corporate world.




When this blog was started around 5 years back, plan was to share what we know.
All of us being college students would post on a regular basis and then we passed out of college. Slowly and steadyily the new life took over us and this blog faced a dreath of posts. And now that I have finally decided to quit my job to satisfy my desire to learn , I guess I would have time to blog. Starting today, I will try to blog about things other than tech also and would like to start of with why and what kept me busy. It was not that only work kept me busy over last 3 years. I had great time meeting new people, learning new things, having crazy lifestyle, lazing around, working on personal goals, having new experiences but yes I was putting less time into introspection of what I was doing and where I was heading.

There was a moment when I felt that I had lost interest in most things I loved to do earlier. There was a time I was just too involved with my job and colleagues and work.. IT all in all was like The Matrix but yes life is beyond all these things. There is an intelluctual side of me ( yes it exists) that had been starving all this while. I decided to take control and fortunately have been bumping into some great people who kept guiding me.

The only saving grace were these nice people I met and ofcourse my last project during which I had sastisfaction of serving people of my country (and not some faceless organisation) in a way that directly touches their lives.

Things are not as hectic as they once used to be. Infact last 8-10 months are the most amazing time I am having since I started working. It was more of fun than work and primary reason for that can be the time spent with family and having a life (friend circle) outside office.

I have seen work-o-holics letting job pressure ruin great moments in life and strain themselves and others around them. I too being guilty of this sin, understand the prime difference lies in your approach on how you handle situatuions and take ownership.

Like someone rightly said "Have your own plan, otherwise you become part of someone else's plan"

Pasting a video that echos on same lines...



From now on, I will try to blog when I am free and let others gain from my experiences. There is a lot to talk about but for now I will sign off with below lines and expect some of friends take out time to contribute here more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment